New Zealand Otago & Southland Regiment Cap Badge - 1948 to 1964
A single piece, die stamped, gilt brass cap badge to the Otago & Southland Regiment.
Formed in 1948, with the amalgamation of the 4th (Otago) Infantry Regiment and the 8th (Southland) Infantry Regiment, they became the 4th Battalion of the Royal NZ Infantry Regiment in 1964.
Badge is in great condition, with good gilt to front. Note a slight tone spot to lower right, front.
Both long copper looped lugs are firm and original, along with the maker mark to back of "M & K, LTD" for Mayer and Keane Limited of Wellington, NZ.