Australia WW1/WW2 Family Group 27113 Dvr. E Jones - 1 D.A.C. AIF S7970 AB A. J. E Jones RAN - DOD
A superb family group of Father and Son to:
27113 Driver Edward Jones 1st Australian Field Artillery Brigade - Divisional Ammunition Column. His group consists of:
- - WW1 Silver British War Medal and Victory Medal, correctly impressed with his details of "27113 DVR. E. Jones 1DAC AIF"
- - Return from Active Service Badge (missing horse shoe shaped pin to back, but has both loops) - numbered 6256
- - Oversea's Service sleeve chevron - 2 blue with light blue with, and on blue with violet within stripes on a khaki wool background
S7970 Alexander James Edward Jones Royal Australian Navy - HMAS Penguin - died 30 November 1945 of illness and is buried Sydney War Cemetery, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. His group consists of:
- Pacific Star - un-named as issued (missing ribbon)
- 1939 to 1945 Star - un-named as issued
- Australian War Medal - impressed with Alexanders details to the rim of "S7970 AB. A.J.E. Jones RAN.
- A H.M.S Talley Band - complete and tied in a knot
- A H.M.A.S Cerberus - complete and tied in a knot
- A dog tag with "A.J.E. Jones SMN. S7970 C.E." to front, and "MOSS 2, A" to back.
- A small pin badge with a picture of Alexander wearing his H.M.A.S Cerberus Talley band on his hat.
- A Australian "To the Women of Australia" badge with "one son serving" bar and star.
- A Commonwealth of Australia document from the Department of Navy listing Alexander's WW2 medal entitlement.
- A Memorial card for Alexander on behalf of his parents, thanking people for their "expressions of sympathy"
A superb grouping, well worth further research.