- British Badges & Militaria
- British & Commonwealth Cloth Items
- British Royal Navy Tally Hat Band H.M.S. Cochrane - Cut
British Royal Navy Tally Hat Band H.M.S. Cochrane - Cut
A single piece, sadly cut Tally Hat band for the Royal Naval Base or ship H.M.S Cochrane.
There are three possibilities:
- HMS Cochrane (1905) was a Duke of Edinburgh-class armoured cruiser launched in 1905. She was stranded in 1918 and broken up.
- HMS Cochrane was a depot ship, formerly an armed merchant cruiser, commissioned in 1914 and purchased in 1915 as HMS Ambrose (1903). She was renamed HMS Cochrane in 1938 and was broken up in 1946.
- HMS Cochrane (shore establishment) was the Rosyth naval base commissioned in 1938. It was paid off in 1947 but restored in 1948, taking over from HMS Lochinvar. The base closed in 1962, was recommissioned in 1968 and was finally closed in 1996.
Light wear to front, with some staining from glue.
To back are traces of glue and paper where it has been removed from a album.